[Q] PPP server -- problems

I am have problems setting up a ppp server,
and I would appreciate advice from those
who have succeeded.

At present, I can dial-in successful and
communicate with the host machine _but_
I cannot get the host to forward (or retrun?)
packets from the rest of the net. I do want
a ``transparent'' link (the whole reason
for using PPP instead of term (BTW term works just fine,
except for emacs).

In /etc/ppp I have an empty options file
and a ppplogin file with

#!/bin/sh
exec /usr/lib/ppp/pppd modem passive proxyarp :nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn

where pppd lives in /usr/lib/ppp and
nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn is the internet number
to be assigned to the client machine.
To /etc/passwd, I have added a user
for the PPP client login.

What have I left out?

My copy of the HOWTOs and FAQs get a bit
hard to follow at this point.
--
robert j luoma     <luoma at binah.cc.brandeis.edu>