[no subject]

rebuild the kernel and make sure it's got your ethernet device configured
(or whatever net device you use)

then, make sure that during boot-up it finds your net device.  the code seems to
go out and sense the devices so if it's physically not there, or at the wrong
address, you don't see it. this can be observed by carefully watching the
messages that happen at startup.  they MIGHT go in the system log too (do
man syslog to find the system log)

good luck!

                       Rodney Thayer           ::    rodney at sabletech.com
                       Sable Technology Corp   ::         +1 617 332 7292
                       246 Walnut St           ::    Fax: +1 617 332 7970
                       Newton MA 02160 USA     ::    PGP:    request sig.
                              "Developers of communications software"