Cannot find a New installed modem.

> I recently had to install a new modem in my computer.
> The new modem is at the same port( COM3 ). When I call
> "Seynon", the message says "modem doesn't exist at that port".
>
> What is the command that recreates the modem? I hope I do not
> have to recreate the kernel.

These are the same: COM3 /dev/cua2 /dev/ttyS2
You should have the link "modem -> cua2" in /dev.
You may need to put setserial somewhere in /etc/rc.d/
to tell the kernel what IRQ, speed, and port is used.
Many modems on "COM3" are really on COM4, but the BIOS
calls it COM3 if the real COM3 does not exist.

Does the modem work in DOS? If not, it is only 2/3 of a modem
with the remaining 1/3 in Windows software. No way it will work.

Look on the box for these BAD things: RPI, WinModem, includes
compression software, Windows driver required.