RED HAT 6.0 and SCSI ???

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Brad Noyes" <linux_maitre at hotmail.com>
To: wlug at paramount.ind.wpi.edu
Subject: RED HAT 6.0 and SCSI ???
Date: Fri, 07 May 1999 13:45:13 PDT

|Hi,
|
|I have just got Rad Hat 6.0. I only have the the CD i didn't get the |packaged version. I'm going though the setup. It ask if using a SCSI |CDROM other. I picked SCSI, becuase the CD was in my SCSI drive. It |then went to scan the SCSI bus. And it has been doing that for about |a half hour now. I do have four SCSI devices, but i don't think that |it should take this long.
|
|Does anyone have an idea? I know when i booted the SCSI worked fine.

|-Brad

Well after a substantial about of time having the SCSI bus scaning i decided that it wsan't going to work. I went into expert mode, and had it autoprobe my scsi card. This said that it 'timed out trying harder'.  In exptert mode, it asks whether you want to autoprobe your scsi card, or specify options. I tried specify options. It asked for module options, and i didn't know about module options. Can anyone offer me suggestions?

-Brad (again)