Duplex (double sided) printing to an HP 8000

Hi.

	I am trying to print a document in duplex mode from my linux box to a
network printer (HP Laserjet 8000 DN with a JetDirect card and a
duplexing module).  I am sending jobs directly to the print queue of the
JetDirect card itself.

	I have tried using the duplex flag in enscript (v. 1.6.1) as follows
(straight out of the man page):

enscript -DDuplex:true dickens.txt

which just leads to 2 separate pages of "A Tale of Two Cities" rather
than an duplexed page.

	A similar experiment with a2ps (v. 4.10.4l) :

a2ps -s2 dickens.txt
a2ps --sides=duplex dickens.txt
a2ps --sides=tumble dickens.txt

all of which should give duplex output according to the info pages, but
which instead give two pages on one side, shrunk and rotated by 90
degrees.

If it's useful, here's my /etc/printcap:

##PRINTTOOL3## REMOTE ljet4 300x300 letter {} LaserJet4 Default 1
lp|falcon:\
	:sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
	:mx#0:\
	:sh:\