RedHat 6.1 next week (most likely)

I've generally been a fan of re-installing from scratch. The one time I
upgraded (or tried to!) 5.1 to 6.0 I ended up spending more time hunting
down minor changes. Very irritating.

If you do upgrade, print out a list of RPMS currently installed (rpm -qa >
allrpms.txt) and try to install only those RPMs, taking special care not to
install an RPM for something you've installed by hand.

Your network configuration and system settings should remain the same (mine
did, though I don't have anything special setup in the network dept.)

I'm going to try an upgrade again this time around since I've heard good
things about this new installer. I'll let the list know my results (assuming
I'll still be able to read my mail ;) )

Niall