SuSE 6.2

I just upgraded my system from SuSE 6.1 to SuSE 6.2. The upgrade went
flawlessly. Came up on the 2.2.10 kernel. Rebuilt the kernel with my
configuration, no problem.

However, they did fix their dhclient and network scripts where the dhclient
interface can be any one of the interfaces on the system, so that now you
can set up your network with a number of network cards, any one of them can
be a dhclient.

I did discover 1 bug in their /sbin/init.d/dhclient script:
At about line 58, a variable, if, is set up to point to the dhclient
interface. This is inside of a loop. This line is followed by done. The
following 2 lines start the dhclient. However, these lines use the wrong
variable, $NETDEV, rather than $if. Only 2 lines must change, but after
applying the fix, all 3 of my interfaces (2 real ones and 1 alias) came up.

The only problem that I have currently is with Samba where I am no longer
able to submit a print job from a remote Windows box. My smb.conf, printcap
and other printer configuration stuff did not change, and I can print
locally. I have not had time to spend on figuring out why Samba is not
working, but I'll need to figure it out. It's possibly something to do with
the way I configured SuSE.
--
Jerry Feldman (HP On-Site Consultant) http://gbrweb.msd.ray.com/~gzf/