[BLU] The MicroOptical display...

linuxguy at ici.net wrote:

> Well I hope everyone that attended this last BLU meeting got a kick
> out of the MicroOptical display system. I am curious to to know what
> the attendees thought of the presentation?  Should I continue to
> seek speakers of this sort?
>
> Personally, I thought the eyeglass display system was wicked cool.

Agreed.  It's the kind of product that could turn up satisfying many
different needs.

Some other meeting topics I thought about since the meeting:
-Scanning in Linux (could we get someone down from SANE?)
-The finer points of GIMP
-Setting up DNS or cacheing DNS
-Comparing DSL/ADLS/Cablemodem/ISDN, discussing +/- of different vendors
-Configuring Sendmail via sendmail.cf and via M4

I would like to expand on my support for (I think) Chris's suggestion of
an Apache/(MySql|Postgress)/PHP meeting, ideally also covering
Apache-SSL.  What would be really cool would be if we could, during the
course of the meeting, build our own 586 RPM from Apache-SSL/MySql/PHP
from tars or SRPM's.  That way the meeting could double as a tutorial on
building RPM's, which I've never done.  And, of course, we would all
have a massively useful RPM which I have yet to see pre-built.  There
seems to be lots of steps to getting these all compiled together, with
the order very dependant.  Maybe even add in perl.

DDDD   David Kramer                    david at kramer.ne.mediaone.net
DK KD                                 http://kramer.ne.mediaone.net
DKK D
DK KD  HYDROGEN: A colorless, odorless gas which,
DDDD   given enough time, turns into people.
-