Home pages for regular users

"John Chambers,,,781-647-1813" wrote:

> Matthew J Brodeur <mbrodeur at nexttime.COM> writes:
>
>           Another way to do this is to actually create dirs under DocumentRoot
>         that are owned by the users.  This is the easiest way, and it keeps all of
>         the web content in the same directory tree.  I'm sure, however, that this
>         is considered a "Bad Thing" for one reason or another.
>
> It's not a Very Bad Thing, but there is one potential hassle  if  you
> do  this:   It  puts  all  the  users'  web directories into the same
> partition as DocumentRoot.  If you run out of space there,  then  the
There are several ways to hanbdle this. On BLU, our organization started at
the BCS, and when we added the other groups, we put them all under
DocumentRoot. However, we are now in the process of setting them up with
their individual DocumentRoot directories.
--
Jerry Feldman (HP On-Site Consultant) http://gbrweb.msd.ray.com/~gzf/