And now for some programming... to gcc or cc

As I mentioned briefly in my last post, that the compilers are gcc and g++ respectively. I prefer to use the cc command for compiling because it is the standard command for invoking the C compiler on Unix systems. You might have more than one compiler installed on your system. On most Linux and Unix systems, the cc command is simply a symbolic link to the compiler driver.
gaf at gaf:~/src > ls -l /usr/bin/cc
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root            3 Jan  1 05:49 /usr/bin/cc -> gcc

The C++ command is less standard. In Linux, c++ is linked to g++. On Tru64, the cxx command is linked to the driver. Also, on some Unix systems, there will be a single driver for both c and c++ since many of the command line options are the same.
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group

-