Samba and firewall in the same box?

> I have to work in Win95 for my employer most of the time, doing
> Lotus Notes email.   I'd  like to have a "dial on demand" box
> that will establish the right modem connection depending on the
> requested IP address.  In other words, if I request a
> connection/session with a work IP address, I want the box to
> dial my employer's access point, and if it's anything else I
> want it to dial banet.net's POP in Canton. Of course, I'd have
> to have a way to keep the requesting machine(s) from timing out
> during dialing, but the big question is if the Linux box can
> discriminate between PPP destinations based on the IP addresses.
>
> Of course, it'll have to refuse connections from Internet users
> when the server's modem is in use on the company service, vice
> versa.

Read the man page on pppd.  When you establish pppd with demand dialing, the
interface always exists.  With multiple pppd's running in demand mode, there'll
be multiple interfaces, with appropriate entries in the routing tables for
your different target network providers.  Trying to touch one of them will
force a dial out.  Each pppd can be configured to use the same modem.  But
if you have multiple modems and phone lines, you could connect to more than
one dialup network simultaneously.

-