Adventure

> So, I seem to recall hearing somewhere about some software that runs
> on Linux that lets you play Zork and at least some of the other
> venerable Infocom games.  Anyone know anything about this?

What you really want is Frotz, a portable Z-Machine interpreter
available from:

<http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/3222/frotz.html>

There are i386 and PPC RPMs of Frotz available; check rpmfind.net at:

<http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/suse/6.3/i386/suse/fun1/frotz-2.32R2-58.i386.html>

If you're easily bored in meetings, you may also want to check out the
ports of Frotz to PalmOS and WinCE (nothing like a game of Zork on your
Pilot :)).

There's a link to Frotz for WinCE off the Frotz homepage; the PalmOS
version is available from:

<http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Way/2367/download.htm>

I've played with the PalmOS version and I think it's quite well done.

Enjoy,

  -- Lars

=====
lars at larsshack.org --> http://www.larsshack.org/