Keyboard/monitor/mouse switches

Bill Horne wrote:

> So, my questions to you and the list:
>
> 1.  Are there other devices that don't have these issues?  What
> and from whom?
> 2.  Is anyone using an electronic keyboard switch with X-Windows
> in three button mode?  Which one?
> 3.  Is the Linksys a better fit with Linux?

The Linksys box that I have allows my Trackman Marble to work as
a three-button mouse in Linux. I haven't tried it as a
three-button mouse in Windows; I've had a lot of problems in the
past with third-party mouse drivers on Windows, and so I tend to
stay away from them and just use the vanilla mouse support that's
built in. And it doesn't make noise.

On the other hand, I've never gotten the keyboard hot-key
switching to work at all. I don't really care, because the box is
placed near me, and I just use the button on the front to switch
it.

Mark J. Dulcey               mark at buttery.org
Visit my house's home page:  http://www.buttery.org/
Visit my home page:          http://www.buttery.org/markpoly/