speech tools

How 'bout the opposite?  ;)

I've had some fun with festival
(http://www.cstr.ed.ac.uk/projects/festival/).  In fact, I've actually
put it to good use.  I pipe my mail headers into it using procmail
plus perl.  When I get new email, I get to hear a little announcement
like "You have a new message from ... with the following subject:
...".  This still doesn't prevent me from compulsively checking my
inbox, but it's a start.  Now if it would just sense whether or not
I'm sitting in front of my computer.  I suppose I could check for
login sessions, then queue until I'm actually at the console...  Yeah,
someday.

--

-Ron-
GPG and other info at: http://www.yellowbank.com/