So Linux isn't ready for the desktop yet, eh? (fwd)

> > The DEC Rainbow was an 8086 box that was "better" (in that special DEC
> > way) than a PC
>
> I know someone who had one, who would disagree.  It seemed always to
> be in need of repair...

Um, quotes for sarcasm.  "Better" in the sense that TK-50 was better
than QIC, that DSSI was better than SCSI, that '$' in identifiers in C
code was better than '_', that Bliss was better than C and on and on
and on.

I can imagine an alternate universe where the LSI-11 chips were
packaged for chip-level/SBC resale and marketed aggressively to the
hobby computer geeks of the mid- to late-70's, perhaps in joint
venture with XEROX.

And there's another one where both Motorola and Steve Jobs removed
their heads from their butts on the same day in 1985....

Instead we wait eagerly for the AMD Hammer %-).

Anybody seen the Appro 1124 at www.appro.com?

ccb

--
Charles C. Bennett, Jr.			VA Linux Systems
Systems Engineer, SourceForge OnSite	25 Burlington Mall Rd., Suite 300