reasons to encrypt mail and data

I don't think I would ever expect a company to honor privacy, its their
bandwidth.  Thats why I have my own mailserver.  I can ssh into it, and
just like that access my personal email, all of it is available to me.  I
can even send mail with out having to worry about this.  I can honestly say
nothing I transmit in email could not be read in a court of law.  So in
that sense, well maybe I'm lucky.  I just don't want my employer to know
that I am sending private emails at work, although as long as its not
extreme I don't they would care.

Maybe I'm not paranoid enough,
Anthony

-