DSL provider which serves customer's hostname on their DNS

> Just a quick question:
> You have mentioned that you are paying only about $35/month?
> Aside from their 3 months promotions rate of $20/month, their cheapest
> service currently costs $50/month. What kind of service are you
> getting which costs $35/month.

I achieved this price with two
1) I purchased my cable modem instead of renting it. This incurred a onetime
cost of $199 to purchase the Motorola SurfBoard modem at CircuitCity. This
reduces the price of my monthly bill from $49.95 to $39.95 (the rental fee
is $10/month).
2) I also have AT&T Digital cable television. This gives me a $5 discount on
my internet service, taking the price from $39.95 to $34.95.

This is how I am paying $34.95/month for internet. Of course, I am also
paying for my cable tv, cable box, and remote... but for the internet itself
I am paying $34.95.

The only thing about this deal is that economically, buying the cable modem
is roughly the same as paying the $10 rental fee for 20 months of service.
So it really won't start paying for itself until after the first 20 months
of ownership. Since the cable modem is DOCSIS-compatible, if I move
somewhere else, it ought to work as long as the cable provider uses DOCSIS.

Hope this helps,

Peter