KVM advice

I had a similar situation. I bought a 2 port KVM a few years ago. My
Alpha is PS/2 and the older PC used a PS/2 mouse but the old style
keyboard). The KVM was old style. Did not have a problem with it.
I have since bought a newer KVM where I plug in the Alpha, PC, and
Laptop.

One recommendation is to get a KVM that you can switch from the
keyboard. MY KVM here at work is a 4 port Cybex SwitchView which
sits behind my monitor. For the Cybex,[ctrl][ctrl]n switches to port A, B,
C,D. On my desktop I have one of the Linksys KVMs that has a similar
feature although I don't use it much since I export my directories from the
laptop.
On 6 Nov 2001, at 12:39, Adam Russell wrote:

> I have 3 computers at home I'd like to put on a KVM. The problem is that they are a mixture of architectures(1 Mac with USB Kb and mouse, 1 clone PC with PS2 Kb and mouse, and 1 Mac with ADB Kb and mouse). You may assume that they all run some sort of Unix>:). What are my options for putting
all of these on the same KVM? One idea I had was to buy a common adapter for all of them, for example, getting ADB->USB and PS2->USB adapters and maybe trying a USB KVM that they sell for newish ISB macs. Would that work? Any better ideas?

Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Associate Director
Boston Linux and Unix user group
http://www.blu.org