2.5 inch hard drive mounting holes

Benjamin Scott <bscott at ntisys.com> writes:

>   "About a third of the way in" is rather vague.  Your specifications are as
> bad as the ones IBM provides.  :-)  If you post exact measurements of the
> original drive, including outside dimensions as well as the relative
> position of the screw holes, someone may be able to help you.  I have some
> stuff I can look through, for example.  But without knowing what to look
> for... well, it becomes difficult.  :-)

Measuring from the connector end along the length of the drive, the
old one has holes at 1-3/4 inches and 2-7/8 inches. The drive I had
hoped to replace it with has holes at 9/16 inches and 3-9/16 inches.
The drives are 4 inches by 2-34 inches; the old one is 3/4 inch high
and the newer one is 1/2 inch high.