Digital Camers WRT: Smart Media vs. CF media

> I had not looked at the Coolpix cameras, but I just looked at a review of
> the Coolpix 775 and the Coolpix 2500. The 2500 seems to have an advantage
> in the throw it in your pocket or bag category and not to worry about
> scratching the lens.

The 2500 is brand-new, so I didn't have that option when purchasing my
camera. The 'internal zoom' option does look pretty nice, though, as far as
protecting the lens.  The 775 does have a lens cover that closes
automatically when the camera powers off, but it's not 100% as is the
permanent cover on the 2500.  Having an internal swivel could also lend to
some very interesting shots that would be harder to get without the added
angle.

Peter