Benefits of owning a domain (was Re: Cross Yahoo off the list of free e-mail services!)

I have ATTBI/M1/Comcast cable modem and am using TZO.COM as the DNS
provider for wayga.org.  All of wayga.org (web, e-mail, etc) is sitting
in my basement along with a client that hits TZO with my current IP
address.  If ATT changes my IP address, it will get registered with TZO
within the hour.

On the down side, it's $60/yr for the DNS services, plus whatever
extortion^W fees netsol charges for the domain.

-Mark