Benefits of owning a domain (was Re: Cross Yahoo off the list of free e-mail services!)

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Michael O'Donnell wrote:

> IS THERE AN FAQ FOR THIS BOARD?  HOW DO I GET RID OF ALLLL THOSE EXTRA LINES?

There are several problems here.  One is that this thread is being CC:'d
to several mailing lists, as well as posters.  Each list is putting its
own footer at the bottom, and many posters have .sigfiles that are put on
the footer of their messages (like me).

<SOAPBOX>
The other issue, which is quite rampant on all of these lists
unfortunately, is the failure of posters to trim excess quoted lines in
their replies.  Each post is growing so long and carrying all the blank
lines and footers and signatures from each preceeding post that the 3 line
answer now is dragged down by 158 lines, 10 of which were worth
quoting from the previous post.
</SOAPBOX>

If you are on the Boston Linux and UNIX group mailing list, you can find
out information on the group and the list at http://www.blu.org.  GNHLUG
appears to be hosted at http://www.gnhlug.org/.

Hope that helps.

DDDD   David Kramer                           http://thekramers.net
DK KD
DKK D  The plural of anecdote is not data.
DK KD
DDDD