RAID Munging Question

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 09:27:50AM -0400, Christoph Doerbeck A242369 wrote:
> Let me know if you figure out how to do /boot & /

I have /, /boot, /usr, /var, and /home all as RAID 1.  I can't claim
total credit for making it all work as Red Hat 7/2's installer did
most of the work.  (Though Red Hat couldn't do it with grub.)

Here are my /etc/lilo.conf and /etc/raidtab files:

lilo.conf:

prompt
timeout=50
default=linux
boot=/dev/md4
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
message=/boot/message
linear

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.9-31
	label=linux
	initrd=/boot/initrd-2.4.9-31.img
	read-only
	root=/dev/md3
	append="hdb=ide-scsi"

raidtab:

raiddev		    /dev/md3
raid-level		    1
nr-raid-disks		    2
chunk-size		    64k
persistent-superblock	    1
nr-spare-disks		    0
    device	    /dev/hda2
    raid-disk     0
    device	    /dev/hdc2
    raid-disk     1
raiddev		    /dev/md4
raid-level		    1
nr-raid-disks		    2
chunk-size		    64k
persistent-superblock	    1
nr-spare-disks		    0
    device	    /dev/hda1
    raid-disk     0
    device	    /dev/hdc1
    raid-disk     1
raiddev		    /dev/md5
raid-level		    1
nr-raid-disks		    2
chunk-size		    64k
persistent-superblock	    1
nr-spare-disks		    0
    device	    /dev/hda7
    raid-disk     0
    device	    /dev/hdc7
    raid-disk     1
raiddev		    /dev/md0
raid-level		    1
nr-raid-disks		    2
chunk-size		    64k
persistent-superblock	    1
nr-spare-disks		    0
    device	    /dev/hda3
    raid-disk     0
    device	    /dev/hdc3
    raid-disk     1
raiddev		    /dev/md1
raid-level		    1
nr-raid-disks		    2
chunk-size		    64k
persistent-superblock	    1
nr-spare-disks		    0
    device	    /dev/hda5
    raid-disk     0
    device	    /dev/hdc5
    raid-disk     1
raiddev		    /dev/md2
raid-level		    1
nr-raid-disks		    2
chunk-size		    64k
persistent-superblock	    1
nr-spare-disks		    0
    device	    /dev/hda6
    raid-disk     0
    device	    /dev/hdc6
    raid-disk     1

Oh, it seems I should also get rid of the chunk-size parts, the system
complains about them on boot.

Hope that helps,

-kb