gethotbyname error continued

Dude!  you the man!
Just after I sent the message I had been trying to think of what resource
could be running out but file descriptors never occured to me because the
create_socket isn't what's failing.  I'm going to 'discuss' this with the
guy who wrote it... (a whole day wasted becase he didn't type
close(conn_socket) in a few places. :(

-fjr