pump, AT&T, and dhcp...

Greetings all.  Tried searching and got tired of not getting the answers
I'm looking for.  So I figured I'd try here.

Here's my scenario: I'm signed up with AT&T/Comcast and just recently did a
computer swap (a P200 for a P133) for my Linux router.  The NICs are all
working fine.  I've no problem with it during the switch.  However, I've
used pump throughout the entire time because of its ability to execute
scripts.  I'd use dhcpcd but I kinda prefer pump over it.  After the
switch, I've been having trouble getting an IP from the DHCP server.  I
later found out that pump isn't working anymore yet dhcpcd does.  I also
noted this in the syslog when pump is attempting to retrieve an IP address
from the dhcp server.

pumpd[15907]: reject: xid: 0xd136152f <--> 0x5b55c303

I saw several messages like it and I tried to figure out what it was or why
it's doing it.  I was completely stumped and I ended up using dhcpcd to
retrieve my IP address from the server.  So does anyone here happen to know
what kind of error is this and how to interpret it?  It's not a  problem
but I'd like to see if I can fix it anyway, since it's a preference of mine
to use a different dhcp client.

PS: I'd try a different NIC but I'm unsure what exactly is the situation
with NICs and AT&T/Comcast (plus, I'm out of spare NICs that has a
DIFFERENT chipset).  Previously I've been using the same NIC because AT&T
supposedly locks cmodem access via the NIC's MAC address.  Recently a
friend of mine's NIC died and went out to buy a replacement.  So we tried
it, did not work, called up AT&T's support line, and was told that it
should work since they don't track MAC addresses anymore.  So which policy
holds true?

/ keitaro AT attbi DOT com/IRC Nicks: Junta, Strider on #db/#ssppp \
| IRC Servers: irc.aus.org/irc.anime-chat.com ports 6660-6669/7000 |
| = http://junta.darktech.org/public_key.txt -- GnuPG Public Key = |
+-----[ "One shall stand, one shall fall..." - Optimus Prime ]-----+