Fwd: Red Hat Linux 9 -- Get it Early

RH is driving the consumer release cycle in an effort to get corporations to
switch to Enterprise.  I predict RH 10.0 will likely hit shelves 10 months
from now.

RedHat adopted a 6-9 month release cycle for their consumer products
and a 12-18 month release cycle for Enterprise.  Consumer maintenance
will extend 3 months beyond the following release where as Enterprise will get
and additional 3 years or maintenance & support.  Summary:

	consumer - 12 month life - no telephone support
	enterprise - 3 to 5 years - tiered support offerings

Good or bad, it'll be interesting to see:

	a) what happens to the consumer based market share?
	b) if companies adopt RH ES

-soupmaster