SSH X11 Forwarding...

> > If the DISPLAY variable isn't set, then forwarding wasn't set up for
> > this connection. Both client and server can choose whether or not to
> > enable forwarding in their respective config files - you can override
> > client behavior with the -X option, but you probably need to change the
> > server setup on the machine you're ssh-ing to.

I have (on both client & server. I'm using OpenSSH):
AllowTcpForwarding yes
   and
X11Forwarding yes

> ssh needs to be able to find the 'xauth' program, which is controlled by
> XAuthLocation in ssh_config.  If it can't find it, the DISPLAY
> environment variable will not be set, regardless of sshd_config etc.
> For example.  This is what I mean when I say it might have nothing to do
> w/ ssh...

There does not appear to be any setting anywhere for XAuthLocation in
sshd_config or ssh_config. It should be in the users $HOME, no?

Ok, I wasn't su-ing to root, however, when I tried the '-X' option, I did
get this:
"Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding.
Last login: Thu May 22 16:15:45 2003 from neon
/usr/openwin/bin/xauth:  creating new authority file
/home/grant/.Xauthority"
Strangely, there was a .Xauthority file there already, but it apparently was
missing something. It would allow me to forward over telnet.

It seems to be working using the '-X' option, so I'll have to figure out why
it isn't recognizing the config file. I can't really check until I get to
work tomorrow, as I attempted to install a Nortel VPN on my home machine
Friday and it crapped out half way through the install and screwed-up
everything. It has taken me all weekend to get it back to something usable.
Unfortunately, eXceed is still unusable and will need to be reinstalled.

THANKS EVERYONE!
Grant M.