Corporate Anti-Virus strategies

On Thu, 2003-08-14 at 21:00, Duane Morin wrote:

> And I have been seriously tempted to write something in the "Maybe it's
> time to try a new OS..." vein, but haven't gotten to that one yet.

Has anyone written an essay that explains, in a level-headed tone rather
than in a slashdot-like polemic, how the *design* of Windows, Office,
Outlook, etc. make them hard to secure?  I have my suspicions, but I'm
not familiar enough with Windows programming to be sure.

> should bang something out while the iron is hot and people are frustrated.

Well, you could write your essay at your leisure and just keep
sharpening up your language until the next Windows worm hits the front
pages.  How much longer could it take?

--
Make it possible for programmers to write in English,
and you will find that programmers cannot write in English.