linear algebra package question

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 15:27, Stephen Adler wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I'm thinking of using the gsl-blas routines provided by
> gsl to do some basic linear algebra stuff. Now, I want to
> do something really simple, do a scaler multiply of 2 vectors,
> (i.e.
>
>    for (int i=0;i<VecSize;i++) c[i] = a[i]*b[i]
>
> )

Hi Stephen,

Thats a standard BLAS xDOT() function where "x" depends on the type of
your arrays (most likely you're using "DDOT" for doubles or "SDOT" for
single precision reals).

On most Linux systems, you can easily install a "blas" package and then
view the documentation for it using something like the following:

  ggv /usr/share/doc/blas-3.0/blasqr.ps

which works nicely on Fedora Core 2.  The BLAS libs are often highly
optimized for particular chips and theres plenty of documentation for
them on the web.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD