one more cry for help

I used to live in Boston.  I now live in NY.  I still have a house in
Boston.  At the house there's an ISDN line with a linux box attached
to it.

The linux box is an old HP pavilion (really low-end) which USED to run
RH6.2 until it was cracked and owned a few weeks ago.

A fellow listmember managed to get over to the house to pick up the
machine.  He installed extra memory and then SuSE on the machine and
returned it to the house with the files having been transferred.

Everything seemed fine.

the machine fell off the internet a week or so later and, as it turned
out, it was simply an ethernet misconfiguration.

That was addressed and the box was back online.

A few days after THAT, it fell off the 'net again but this time it
seems more serious.  According to my tenants, the machine won't even
power up.

I would be eternally grateful (and pay money) to anyone willing to
head over to the house in Roslindale to pick up the machine and see
what's up.

I'm purchasing a new box but I'll still need someone to install an OS
on the box, set up networking and move some files from the old machine
to the new machine.

Isn't there anyone reading here who'd like to take this on for us?

:-)

If so, please call asap.  347 392 2560.. day or night.

Thanks!

Joshua