Pthreads & Signals

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 21:35:59 -0500 (EST)
Anthony Gabrielson <agabriel at home.tzo.org> wrote:

> Hello all,
> 	I'm trying to figure out howto resend a signal after I do
> something.  I have reduced my problem to the attached example.  If
> look though it the main thread gets a signal and then just tries to
> resend it back to the thr thread.  It just holds at the wait
> command...
Are you talking about a standard Linux signal. In essence you should
avoid the use of signals in threads. In Linux, threads before the 2.6
kernel are not fully POSIX. In 2.6, Linux uses NPTL (Native POSIX Thread
Library). There is a thread signal paradigm that you could use in some
contexts. (I'm out of the door and have meetings all day and evening).
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group