Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 10:49:14 -0500
To: david at thekramers.net
Subject: Bookpool: O'Reilly Sale -- 43% Off

Dear david at thekramers.net,

We all know O'Reilly's animals ? heck, we see them on our bookshelves every day! And now is the
time to stock up, with the great savings during our annual O'Reilly sale going on now.

            O'Reilly Sale, 43% Off

http://www.bookpool.com/.x/SSSSSS_C456/ct/65

Here is just a small selection of popular Sale titles:

43% Off, Head First Design Patterns
http://www.bookpool.com/.x/SSSSSS_C456/sm/0596007124

43% Off, Knoppix Hacks
http://www.bookpool.com/.x/SSSSSS_C456/sm/0596007876

43% Off, Programming Jakarta Struts, 2E
http://www.bookpool.com/.x/SSSSSS_C456/sm/0596006519

43% Off, Network Security Assessment
http://www.bookpool.com/.x/SSSSSS_C456/sm/059600611X

43% Off, Enterprise JavaBeans, 4th Edition
http://www.bookpool.com/.x/SSSSSS_C456/sm/059600530X

43% Off, Head First Servlets and JSP: Passing the Sun Certified Web Component Developer Exam
http://www.bookpool.com/.x/SSSSSS_C456/sm/0596005407

43% Off, Better, Faster, Lighter Java
http://www.bookpool.com/.x/SSSSSS_C456/sm/0596006764

44% Off, Network Security Hacks
http://www.bookpool.com/.x/SSSSSS_C456/sm/0596006438

43% Off, Cascading Style Sheets: The Definitive Guide, 2E
http://www.bookpool.com/.x/SSSSSS_C456/sm/0596005253

43% Off, Web Database Applications with PHP and MySQL, 2E
http://www.bookpool.com/.x/SSSSSS_C456/sm/0596005431

43% Off, High Performance MySQL: Optimization, Backups, Replication & Load Balancing
http://www.bookpool.com/.x/SSSSSS_C456/sm/0596003064

44% Off, Hibernate: A Developer's Notebook
http://www.bookpool.com/.x/SSSSSS_C456/sm/0596006969

Special Deals

Access http://www.bookpool.com for our complete selection of
discounted computer books as well as the complete list of
sale titles.

Introducing Cool Gadgets
Do you ever have enough cool gadgets? Well, we don't anyway! So we're introducing
a new Gadget Corner with some of the coolest, fun techie toys we could find
(believe me, folks were fighting over who could work on this project!).
To start, we've got a Swiss Army knife with its own 128MB USB drive, an
ant habitat straight from NASA to you, an atomic clock/wireless weather
station that synchs with the US atomic clock, and ?well, you'll just have
to check it out for yourself. And let us know if you have suggestions for some
other items - we're still looking!

http://www.bookpool.com/.x/SSSSSS_C456/ct/64

Crack the Hacker Challenge and you could win a Palm Tungsten E!
We're still celebrating our 10-Year Anniversary (it lasts a whole year,
doesn't it?). Have you seen the exclusive Crack the Hacker Challenge that
Ed Skoudis (legendary security expert) wrote for Bookpool customers? Take
a shot at cracking it, and you might win a Palm Tungsten E for your very

http://www.bookpool.com/.x/SSSSSS_C456/ct/49

Bookpool Exclusive Excerpt and Offer -- Stealing the Network: How to Own a Continent
Ready for a different sort of book? When a team of today's leading counter-terrorism
and IT experts get together to brainstorm on the technologies and hacks
that could be used to take over a continent, you know something interesting
is going on. Written as a fictionalized story, here are the technical details,
hacks, defenses and characters you've heard about at DEFCON, InfoSec and
Black Hat. In this exclusive Bookpool excerpt, you can read how it all came
together by downloading The Making of STC. This appendix gives you the actual
email threads of the authors, so that you can follow as Mitnick, Jay Beale,
Fyodor, Thor, etc., exchange ideas, expertise and insider knowledge on
their way to building the book.

And a t-shirt too!
Be one of the first 50 to order and we'll send you a free Stealing the Network
t-shirt ("call it 'fiction' if it helps you sleep better").

http://www.bookpool.com/.x/SSSSSS_C456/sm/1931836051

Apress mail-in rebate, up to $30 back!
Apress is running an incredible mail-in rebate program for the month of November (so get in there soon!).  Buy one Apress book, get $5 back - two books, $15 back - 3 books, $30 back (hey, that's a free book, isn't it?).
All the nitty-gritty details are here.

http://www.bookpool.com/.x/SSSSSS_C456/ct/63

Wonder what books Tim O'Reilly keeps around?
He's given us his Top 10 Books of the Last 10 Years list. And we have new lists from a few of your other favorite O'Reilly authors, also.  Of course, you can also send us your own and we'll put it up on the site.

http://www.bookpool.com/.x/SSSSSS_C456/ct/133

This message has been sent to Bookpool customers who have
mailings enabled on their accounts, and to e-mail addresses
entered via the front page of www.bookpool.com.  If you do
not wish to receive further mailings, you can unsubscribe
as follows:
1) The e-mail address this mail was sent to is:
   david at thekramers.net
2) Access the following URL:

   http://www.bookpool.com/.x/SSSSSS_C456S602251/s5?em=david at thekramers.net
   Verify that the checkbox is unmarked and
   then click CHANGE SUBSCRIPTION.
If you have any difficulty, please send e-mail to
subscription at bookpool.com.

Regards,

Bookpool LLC
 Bookpool LLC                Computer Books up to 49% Off!
 PO Box 387                  http://www.bookpool.com
 Vineyard Haven, MA 02568