Comcast now blocking port 80

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 08:32:29 -0500, Steve Seremeth
<blu_discuss at seremeth.com> wrote:
> Bill Horne wrote:
>
> > It's official: Comcast support has confirmed that they're blocking
> > port 80 request going "outbound" (to their customers).
> >
> > To solve the problem, those of you running Apache can visit
> > http://www.dyndns.org. They'll let you use up to five forwarding
> > addresses for free, and they include port translation.
> >
> It hasn't happened in my neighborhood yet, although I suppose it's just
> a matter of time.  I wish Verizon would hurry up and roll out their
> "Fios" (i.e. Fiber to the Premises) service already.  They've been
> taunting me -- the fiber has been on the pole just in front of my house
> for about a year, and supposedly Reading, where I live, is supposed to
> be one of the first towns getting the service.  15 Mbps down/2 Mbps Up.
> Should be sweet if they're even close.
>
> Steve

They are rolling it out in Bedford.  I talked with one of the Verizon
guys who does fiber in this neighborhood.  He was at Crosby Drive
doing some things for some T-1 circuits in the commercial properties,
and I mentioned it, and he said where he was not all that busy before,
he is now full bore on the FIOS/FTTP whenever he isn't doing the
commercial stuff.  They won't sell FIOS to commercial, you'll have to
buy traditional connections at traditional prices until they get some
competition.

MEG

MEG