Interesting spam test

So I'm reading up on how to filter mailman lists through SpamAssassin (might
he be referring to officers@?  Why, yes!).  It seems that there are one or
two ways of setting up SpamAssassin (as well as other prorams, as mail
filters in postfix.  It's a rather complex process with 8 or 9 steps, and
would affect every message going through the mail server.

I came up with my own technique, which works well, but has only one minor
(to me) problem with it.

Postfix feeds mail to Mailman via the aliases table like so:

mailman:             "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post mailman"
mailman-admin:       "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman admin mailman"
mailman-bounces:     "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman bounces mailman"
mailman-confirm:     "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman confirm mailman"
mailman-join:        "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman join mailman"

So first I put spamc in the pipe:
mailman:             "|/usr/bin/spamc |/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post
mailman"

Now spamassassin will put in the X-Spam... headers.

Next, newer versions of Mailman let you trap spam by looking for regular
expressions.  You can either look for the "X-Spam-Status: Yes" (if you want
to control the trip point with spamassassin), or look for the "X-Spam-Level:
\*\*\*\*\*" (if you want to control the trup point with Mailman)

I testted this all out, and there's only one problem.  If the message is
reported as spam, spamassassin will wrap the message in mime and put the
"Spam detection software, running on the system..." message in front of it.
    If you decide that it was NOT spam, then you would have to copy/paste
the original mail into a new mail and you lose the sender.

Can you think of a way around this problem?  What do you think of the
technique otherwise?  It seems like it would place a much lower load on the
system, and you don't need tricks to get it to not do both ingoing and
outgoing mail.