Silly SSH question

| On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 02:10:13PM -0500, dsr at tao.merseine.nu wrote:
| > >
| > > Yeah, you just named it. ;-)  Seriously... there isn't any other way.
| >
| > You know better than to say things like that.

| Therefore, the basic metodology is, and can only be: 1. Use some
| program to find out what the pid is.  2.  send a signal to that pid.
| Any of the practical variations you come up with will fit this pattern.

All this is where there are so many  programs  floating  around  like
this one in my collection:

http://trillian.mit.edu/~jc/sh/Kill

And I really should get around to rewriting it in perl. It's the most
complicated  sh  script  that I still have, and it's dependent on the
vagaries of the ps command, which varies wildly on different  unices.
Now  that  every unix-like system comes with perl, it's just laziness
that keeps this a sh script that needs tweaking on every system.

There must be a zillion scripts like this Out There ...