Encrypted filesystems

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 10:56:11AM -0400, Kent Borg wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 11:47:28AM -0400, David Kramer wrote:
> > The advantage of (en|de)crypting a filesystem like that is I can
> > walk up to any Linux box and use it.
>
> Unless you trust that box you walk up to, you have to assume that your
> data could be disclosed from that point on.

Booting a random PC with a Knoppix disk you carry, and looking for
keyboard snooping dongles, would be pretty safe from whatever
infestations that PC might normally run.  It won't help you if the
feds expect you do do so and put in more subtle bugging, however.
(Stealing the keyboard once you are through could help...)

-kb, the Kent who can be paranoid.