My mail server overhaul -- exim

On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 03:12:17AM -0400, Derek Martin wrote:
> On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 11:31:04PM -0400, Rich Braun wrote:
> > - Consult a couple of the more-conservative RBL block-lists to reject most
> > spam even before accepting message DATA, which saves lots of overhead vs. the
> > Spamassassin technique.
>
> The conservative RBLs suck.  They block mail based on often arbitrary
> critera, often affecting legitimate senders, without accountability and
> with complete impunity.

Derek, I think you missed the direction Rich was being "conservative" in.
Despite the current political climate, :-)  not all conservatives are
extremists.  In fact most of the time conservative means the opposite of
extreme (In my mind anyway).

For example, "a conservative medical treatment" is supposed to be one
with few or low risks. I think Rich meant an RBL which is not extremist
and tries to make sure they list only those who truly deserve to be
blacklisted.

By the way Rich, what lists do you use for this purpose?  Inquiring minds
want to know! :)