[BBLISA] Tape backup program for Debian?

Amanda does this pretty well. http://www.amanda.org/ It has been around for
a long time working on various *NIX flavors with just about anything that
has a tape drive on it.  It is designed to do backups to disk, then the
Amanda server spins the tapes and keeps track of what is offsite.  Amanda is
not a panacea, but it works well for many.

Amanda is prominently mentioned (has a chapter) in Curtis Preston's book
"UNIX Backup & Recovery" on O'Riley press.  You can read the entire Amanda
chapter (Thanks Curtis!) on the Amanda web site.  I think John Jackson wrote
this chapter.

(I get nothing out of this.  I used to work with Curtis when he was writing
his book, and I own a copy of his book.)

Do you back up your critical data?
Try this secure backup service FREE for 30 days...
http://www.drbackup.net?pid=Coats
(Extra FREE storage when you sign up using the full link above)
This service is for Windows users only.