Blocking port 25

Dave Peters wrote:

| Comcast is blocking port 25. How about Verizon DSL or
| other ISP? I wonder any information about any ISP is
| not blocking port 25 becuase I may switch from comcast
| to dsl.

As someone else mentioned, Speakeasy has  an  official  "no
ports  blocked" policy.  And they're friendly to people who
run non-MS systems. Their support people seem to be a bunch
of  geeks  who  like  to  talk  to  customers who know what
they're doing.  They also officially encourage you to share
your  connection  with  your neighbors; they'll even handle
billing your neighbors for their share if you like.

As far as  I  can  tell,  they  mostly  work  through  DSL,
probably because they can't get access to cable systems. If
you can get them in your neighborhood, you really should.

Also, FWIW, since last year they've had VoIP.  You may like
this; you may not. But if you're converting your phone line
to DSL, it might be a reasonable thing to do.