A new Linux recommendation

On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 13:01 -0400, Ben Jackson wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, David Hummel wrote:
>
> > > I recommend Ubuntu.
> >
> > Another thing to mention about Ubuntu is that, unlike a number of other
> > distributions, they seem to have figured out seemless upgrading.  The
> > upgrade from warty to hoary was totally painless (edit
> > /etc/apt/sources.list and apt-get dist-upgrade).
>
> Thirded. Ubuntu is now my recommendation for people that approach me with
> the whole "I want to learn this Linux thing" and it's easily upgradable to
> something that power users can use too.

<aol>Me too</aol>

We've moved all of our workstations at the office over to Ubuntu, and my
wife's been using it for months now.  She likes it quite well and is now
at a point where she complains if she has boot back into Windows for
anything.  (Which is a rare occasion for us)

--
"Maybe I'll be able to get a job when I graduate..."
 -Linus Torvalds

Cole Tuininga
Lead Developer
Code Energy, Inc