OpenVPN - how to find who's connected?

OpenVPN usually updates a status file.  If you installed by RPM it
might be /etc/openvpn/openvpn-status.log or similar.

The status file can be generated to a file of your choice using the
'--status' argument when you start the server.  Take a look at the
openvpn man page

The status file is similar to the output you are seeing in the logs,
but only show current clients