XOOPS: Watching a great project fall apart

<whining>
in my brief experience with open source software (~4
or 5 years) i've learned a lot.  basically everything
i know about computers and my current job is due to
open source software and the people who support it.
unfortunately, i'm watching one of my favorite
projects, XOOPS, completely fall apart.  i started
using it a couple of years ago after trying out many
different CMS's and XOOPS was (at the time) the best.
easy to install, manage and had a ton of modules.
then there was a shift in leadership.  some devs ran
for the hills.  the new version was buggy (2.2.x).
then they went back to the old version.  modules and
themes weren't compatible.  i got stuck on a basically
dead fork.  then the main project stopped being
developed.  on sourceforge the cvs / svn activity is
basically zero.  everybody on the forums is bitching,
nobody's developing.  what a shame.  there's xoopscube
(started by the founder of XOOPS) and some other forks
but it's not the same.  so sad to watch the dying
embers of one of my favorite open source projects.  i
do my part to try and prop it up, but XOOPS is quickly
dying.

i guess it's time to start playing with another cms.
it sucks.
</whining>

believed to be clean.