python threads?

> This is a perfect legit use of python threading, IMHO.  Since the call
> is likely to block while waiting for the IO (make sure you don't set up
> non-blocking sockets or you'll lose the benefit), why not let some other
> code execute?

It seems to work with queuing and threading I may need to research it
further to get the best quality.

> Stack traces and execution termination or actual seg faults?  Seg faults
> are an indication of bigger problems - you shouldn't be able to seg
> fault the python interpreter without outside help (an external C lib,
> hardware problems, etc)

Segement Faults, problem because it happens about 1 in 2000 runs and I
can't get a lock on reproduction. so for now I've had to hope
something else I fix will also fix that. there are standard ubuntu
libs and nothing else seg faults like that so not sure about hardware.
although hal/dbus are known to be flaky so perhaps it's that.

believed to be clean.