HP going to offer Ubuntu now?

On 7/1/07, Jerry Feldman <gaf-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I was at a conference at HP with Mark Shuttleworth. At that time, HP
> was providing server systems with SLES and RHEL installed with HP
> internal support. However, based on Dell's recent experience, I would
> not be surprised if their Compaq division would provide Ubuntu. HP has
> provided Linux pre-installed on workstations in the past, but did not
> have a high demand.

When/where was the conference?  I think many large manufactures have
offered Red Hat for some time (Dell, HP, Compaq), but no Desktop Linux
OS has made it to mass consumers.  I think we are in the midst of a
major shift, if HP does indeed start offering pre-installed Ubuntu.
Maybe this is finally the year Desktop Linux became mainstream? :-)
Let's see how it all plays out...
--
Kristian Hermansen

believed to be clean.