Snare client and 64-bit CentOS 5?

On 7/3/07, Scott Ehrlich <scott-3s7WtUTddSA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> nmap -sT -sU -p 0-65535 localhost reveals port 6161/tcp and 6161/udp as
> filtered.   Firewall is enabled with the exception of 6161 tcp and udp,
> along with SELinux.

'Filtered' means that your stack is not sending a TCP RST packet,
which would happen if your firewall is intercepting the packet.
Disable the firewall to eliminate this as the source of your
investigation.  Then seek other options.  Maybe you misconfigured it
or there is another firewall also running?

> Is snare client still configurable via localhost:6161?  If so, why is it
> filtered? The machine has been rebooted many times for other configuration
> reasons, thus the firewall exception, I would think, would have opened the
> port.

Did you allow only external connections to connect to 6161?  That is
something to check out as well.  See if the port is open from another
source...
--
Kristian Hermansen

believed to be clean.