RealPlayer issues

My wife wants to be able to use RealPlayer on Linux to access the
BigBrother feeds. Short of sending her to McLeans
(http://www.mclean.harvard.edu/) or even worse putting Windows on the
system for the summer, I'd like to get it working. I'm running SuSE
10.2 on the laptop and 10.1 on my desktop, both have the same problems.
I have current versions of RealPlayer and Helix. Some things work fine
on Real Player.=20

Here is one of the tests I ran from Firefox (this was just the first
URL I clicked on Real.com to test it).
http://www.film.com/tv/story/liveearthmusicgoesgreen/15351235
Click on one of the videos. On my system I get the message:
"Could not find an appropriate hxplay or realplay in the system path to
use as an embedded player"

I've got helix as a plugin:
Helix DNA Plugin: RealPlayer G2 Plug-In Compatible

    File name: nphelix.so
    Helix DNA Plugin: RealPlayer G2 Plug-In Compatible version
0.4.0.622 built with gcc 3.3.3 on Jul 18 2006
audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin 	RealPlayer Plugin Metafile
rpm 	Yes

If I go to realnetworks.com: (Click on bottom of real.com)
<http://www.realnetworks.com/?pageid=3DlinuxHomePage&pageregion=3Dfooter&sr=
c=3Drealhome_linux_bb_0_1_1_0_0_3_0&pcode=3Drn&opage=3Drealhome_linux_bb>
and click on "Watch: Using a Content Delivery Network", it downloads,
opens and plays correctly on RealPlayer 10.=20

But, if I go to http://www.real.com/bigbrother and click on signin, it
wants to download signin.rnx, and when I try to open with RealPlayer
10 it pops the message:
The player does not have the capabilities to play back this content.
Click on details:
The following components are required:
mx

Note that signin.rnx was downloaded.=20

Interesting to note that the signin was successful using MSIE 6.0 under
WINE.=20

Additional note: http://guide.real.com/
I clicked on a couple of video clips from Big Brother (Preview)
http://click.real.com/clip.ram/?clipid=3D15340741&pageid=3Dmyreal.defaultPa=
ge&pageregion=3DC2

It downloaded the clip and ran RealPlayer, but also popped up a dialog
box with "General Error". But, the clip ran fine and my cat threw up.=20

In any case, I was wondering if anyone else (who will admit to it) has
been able to run the Big Brother feeds. I'm not sure if CrossoverOffice
support RealPlayer 10, but they do support RealPlayer 8. I don't mind
paying for CX office as that group does a good job with WINE.
--=20
Boston Linux and Unix user group
http://www.blu.org PGP key id:C5061EA9