Can't get videos to play

# rpm -qa | egrep -i '(xine|mplayer|vlc|videolan|codec)'
libXinerama-devel-1.0.1-2.1
xine-lib-extras-1.1.6-2.fc6
xine-lib-devel-1.1.6-2.fc6
w32codec-0.52-1
xine-lib-1.1.6-2.fc6
mplayer-fonts-1.0-7.at
mplayerplug-in-3.40-31.fc6.at
mplayer-codecs-extra-20061022-1
mplayer-skin-mini-0.1-11.2.at
mplayer-1.0-60_r23482.fc6
xine-plugin-1.0-3.fc6
xine-ui-0.99.6cvs-070706
libXinerama-1.0.1-2.1
gxine-0.5.11-3.fc6
mplayer-skins-1.0-pre3_13.at
gxine-mozplugin-0.5.11-3.fc6
mplayer-codecs-20061022-1

Ya think that's enough?  But still, about half the movies I try to play
using mplayer and ALL of the movies I try to play in  xine bitch about
demuxer not found.  Yes, I made sure xine was looking in the right place
(/usr/lib/codecs).

Is there anything else I can look for?  Oh, this is Fedora Core 6.

Thanks.

believed to be clean.