SQL 2000 to MySQL

How knowledgeable in databases & SQL are you?  Quick and dirty would
be to export from SQL Server and try an import to see if it fails. It
probably will because there are some differences in T-SQL (MS) and
MySQL's query language, so you might end up fixing some of the create
table's and inserts.  Also depending what version of mysql you're
going to (<5) it doesn't support procedures and a few other things.
When I've done this in the past, I've done it on a table by table
basis to make sure each table imported properly and indexes were
created properly.

-matt