Court Rules: Novell owns the UNIX and UnixWare copyrights!

On 8/11/07, Jerry Feldman <gaf-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 18:25:25 -0400

> In any case, if Caldera International (eg SCOX) was led to believe that
> the copyrights transferred to them from The Santa Cruz Operation, then
> this would open the door for them to sue Sun (who acquired Tarantella -
> which was formerly The Santa Cruz Operation).

Of course, Sun also paid lots of money (along with Microsoft) to SCOX
to buy out of any license issues.  If SCOX didn't actually own what
they sold, Sun probably has a countersuit.  I don't think the actual
terms of the Sun/SCOX or Microsoft/SCOX deals were ever fully
revealted.  I wonder if Sun could have already covered themselves
against anything related to Tarantella.  This is starting to make my
head hurt...

Bill Bogstad

believed to be clean.