DSL subscribers may be forced to switch DSL services

Best thing you can do is contact senators and reps and just let them
know you care.

search listings of all elected officials to find your federal, state and
local representatives.
http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml

Senator Kennedy's contact page
http://kennedy.senate.gov/senator/contact.cfm

Senator Kerry's contact page
http://kerry.senate.gov/v3/contact/email.html

A short polite email to your reps and senators will make a difference.

dan-dChtYZcB954 at public.gmane.org wrote:
> On Mark's net neutrality point, may I please encourage you all
> to make some sort of voice heard.  I know that that sounds lame
> and the proposed targets aren't exactly listening, but it is
> more important than FIOS v. DSL.
>
> To me, the key point is the one on which I would (and have)
> encourage lawmakers/regulators to focus is to send this
> letter, no more and no less:
>

>>    Dear Verizon (or whomever),
>>
>>    Here's your choice:
>>
>>     (1) You can charge differential rates based on countent
>>     but your customers will have a private right of action
>>     based on the nature of that content.
>>
>>     (2) You can have common carrier freedom from liability
>>     but then you must charge your customers the same rates
>>     per bit without regard to content.
>>
>>    Noto bene: you cannot have both common carrier protections
>>    and the ability to charge based on content inspection.
>>
>>    Choose wisely, and don't come back to whine later.
>>
>>    Yours,
>>
>>    Kevin Martin, Chair
>>    Federal Communications Commission
>>

> --dan